REVIEW: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence.

The worth it splurge bottle.
That is, if it works for you.

For me it did that I consider it as my Holy Grail.




The SK-II Facial Treatment Essence comes in 3 sizes (75/150/215ml). If you think your budget can't fit this one in, I highly suggest finding a sample sized one..those travel-sized bottles would do. 

SK-II (Japan) have its so-called signature ingredient, Pitera (a yeast extract from the sake brewing process). Pitera is a blend of vitamins, amino acids, minerals and organic acids which miraculously gives the skin a rebirth appearance. Facial Treatment Essence (FTE) is the core of the SK-II products, such that it restore vital balance by promoting the skin’s natural 28-day surface renewal process. The Facial Treatment Essence is also calledmiracle water.



So where does the miracle lie? Does an individual faith and religious use summate to a flawless skin?



 I adore this bottle, but frankly speaking I am not one who accede to that Miracle Water label.


This bottle also has its flaws.



The essence (water-like liquid)  is lightly textured, no fragrance neither alcohol, pure natural. It allows the essence to be easily absorbed into the skin and leaves it feeling very soothed and refreshed. It does help with refining the texture of my skin, but I feel that my skin needs more hydration than usual so I do not skip my SKI-II moisturizer. I had a major breakout the first time I used this a couple of years back and I did not stop from there. My dermatologist advised me that my skin had reacted to the essence and what it actually did was became like a "vacuum-cleaner" on my skin. Sweep away all the dirt (innermost dirt!) and then after a week, my skin was much better..supple and glowing. Like a newborn kid's skin.

As some are put off by the smell, (I was at first too), it hindered them from trying this one out. Can't blame 'em! It smells like a rotten _____? Can't decipher the exact word (yet) to fill in the blank but with my experience, I guess am immune to it?! The 'rotten' smell doesn't stick to my face and immediately dissipates, Oh Thank God. 

Contrary to popular belief that this brand is solely for matured women, think again. I started using this when I reached 25 and firmly believes that it made a good job in giving me a healthy skin. For the record, I dropped using toners and focused on this bottle. The FTE already gives me that skin conditioning I needed especially at night. You only need a few drops so the bottle would last you for a long time.

Literally never in my entire life have I come across a product that has made such a brisk and immediate improvement in my skin. It just made my skin lucid, hydrated and luminous. 

Things I wanted more from this product?
Make the skin 100% poreless and deliver more firming effect.

I don't like that the Facial Treatment Essence:
Evaporates really fast
Smells like a rotten chipotle! (found the word haha!)
Doesn't come in a pump-type bottle


You may watch my quick-how-to-apply-SKII vid clip here!

The Whitening Source Intensive Mask is best paired with the FTE, my Dynamic Duo !


SK-II SKINCARE PRODUCTS:
FACIAL TREATMENT ESSENCE S$142.80 (approx $114/PHP4,800)
WHITENING INTENSIVE SOURCE MASK S$128 (approx $102/PHP4,300)





Hope this has somehow helped those who have sent in review requests! If you got more questions, send it in or comment away. Thanks for reading!

 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC