REVIEW: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream.



Always been in love with matte-ified lips as it brings a gasp of sophistication to a woman's overall look. But since they are really hard to deal with- as they makes ones lips dry, I try to steer clear from it. Then I heard of this new range from NYX that everyone is almost raving about. I heard it's a lip gloss but matte. Intriguing I see. How can a lip gloss be matte at the same time? For a fact that I hate lipgloss coz of its stickiness, I  have to kill the cat's curiosity and try this out.



(0n me: NYX SMLC in San Paolo)



NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream


Claims:
It's not a lipstick, nor is it gloss. It's like nothing you've experience before. It's lipstick cream that goes on silky but look soft matte.

Packaging:
Slim / clear tube packaging (about 3.5- 4in long).
~ Lipstick shade is the actual color in the tube.
~ Cap is matte and sleek.

Consistency:
~ SUPER PIGMENTED. Nuff said.
~ WYSIWYG. You will have the exact color of the gloss as seen on the actual tube. I suggest you don't rely on NYX swatches on their website. 
featherweight, non-sticky texture; glides like buttercream.

Smell:
~ Buttercream frosting type of scent (IMO)

Price: 
Varies from different online sellers. Most recommended seller is Sol of  Digital Traincase. Trusted and has authenticated US products.

Staying power:
Approx 4-5 hours.


As much as possible, I defer in putting up swatches. For simple reasons that swatches are subjective. I prefer to apply the product itself straight on to my lips.

Cons:
~ As it is good in giving a matte-dry effect on your lips, as expected it's quite drying, Be wise enough to guard your lips with a balm prior to application. Do not skip exfoliating!


DISCLAIMER:
Photo credit below goes to Lipstickfreak.Haul. Actual pics are owned by yours truly but they asked for permission and used it for marketing purposes, in which I did not mind at all. Some swatches were extracted from Google and the NYX website itself. If you happen to be a seller, please be responsible enough to research your own pool of swatches.. I mean come on, give proper acknowledgment to those people who owns the actual rights to these photos alright? Thank you.
* * * * * 

Oh, I've promised someone that I have put up this review for her. She actually wanted to know the actual shades of these lip creams. I told her I will put up the detailed shades and its descriptions , all IMHO. 


* * *
These babies, that come in 12 colors, are a hybrid lipstick/lip gloss combo.


1- AMSTERDAM
2- STOCKHOLM
3- TOKYO
4- LONDON
5- ANTWERP
6- ISTANBUL
7- ADDIS ABABA
8- SAN PAOLO
9- ABU DHABI
10- MONTE CARLO
11- MILAN



credit to owner*


  • amsterdam-  bright red
  • stockholm-  very light beige / brownish shade
  • tokyo- pale pink
  • london- brown/pink neutral color; great nude/subdued shade
  • antwerp- gorgeous peach shade
  • istanbul- cotton candy/ barbie pink shade; perfect for a doll look
  • addis ababa- bright fuschia pink
  • san paolo- pretty pretty vivid pink/red combo
  • abu dhabi- perfect nude shade ( NC44-45ish tones)
  • monte carlo- deep crimson color
  • milan- rosy pink


There were 3 colors that I picked from Sol of Digital Traincase:
Addis Ababa, Istanbul and San Paolo.




Whoops, sorry!  I haven't tried Istanbul yet. Maybe if I already found a matching top? lol.


Quoted from Sol during my last visit @ NBC tent The Fort: 

"Sis, try Addis Ababa, mas mataray pa 'yan sa Narcissus & Louisiana mo".


After a month of using it, it still tops my list for the SMLC series.If Sao Paolo is my husband, the Addis Ababa would be my lover!It's pure hot pink l♥ve.





I watched the play RENT when I took these fotos and after merely 5hrs of talking,(even smoking), drinking& eating @ Midnight Mercato, it surprisingly leaves a stain on the lips. In which your face doesn't really looks totally washed-out. (IMHO). I got no make-up on in any of these pics, the matte cream is just right to save me throughout ze night.




and my favo amongst the 3: Sa0 Paolo.




Trivia:

Actual shade term is - SAO PAOLO. 
NYX USA reflected "SAN PAULO"- ONLY in the packaging.

This.one.is.definitely.my.(nyx).husband.




It's a love child of the colors pink and red. FTW!


Hope this review will somehow help you guys!



Tried any NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream already? 







 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC