REVIEW: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum [Photos & Lip Swatches]


I think I've mentioned before that REVLON is one drugstore brand that I haven't really tried for long. So far I only have 2 or 3 lipsticks from them and I was mostly into L'oreal stuff. Well as if am also hooked into L'oreal while I can only vouch for their True Match Super-blendable powder before. I still have to improve my drugstore makeup arsenal fo' real. 

Anyhoo, when the Revlon Lip Butter craze (2012) was like a raging fire in every woman's belly, I was not lured into them . Not really sure what is it with Revlon that I never really find interesting. No offense meant to Revlon lovers out there. To serve the story short, I managed to get one tube from my previous vlog here if you may recall (click!)




So here's a lip swatch of the Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum




Not really up for arm swatches since lip applications are more of assistance; knowing that we all have different lip pigmentation is a major factor and we shan't let our brains clot with dependency on arm or hand swatches alone. I even prefer to show 'the-after' photos: like me pigging out on a shell of cupcake and showing how a lipstick shade perform afterwards, hehe (Hello, Bourjois Paris in Rose Folk...talkin' to you!) That post was just posted recently (here, click).

I bought this shade and haven't really heard much about it;  famous butters were Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake, Cherry Tart and (was that Fig Jam?)  




Thoughts
  • Works like a balm
  • Nice glossy effect; non-sheer
  • I can't seem to find the buttery essence of it; however the way it clings to the lips is notable. It does not glide that smoothly; it has a relaxing feel of application (you know when you just do not have to struggle with the tube and all?) That's that. 
  • It doesn't even last for a good half-hour. 

Final Thoughts

Love balms? Hate the waxy texture of a stereotype lipstick? Then you might like this. To me it does not even leave a slight stain even after eating. I am even anxious of even licking my lips when I have this on 'cause am pretty sure it's a goner haha.  I loved this tube anyway; just a moderately light plummy colour... and makes me look quite...uhm girly(?) ~NOT. Hah. Thanks for looking!





 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC