HAIR AFFAIR: The Déjà vu Hair Makeover @ KOMACHI, the Hair Cult.




I have always been dubious about trying out new salons, moreso if it will include complimentary makeover, hair treatments & the whatnot.

Because in most cases, you actually get what you 'pay' for.


But since my old time friend cum stylist here in Singapore has recently closed down her salon business (after a whopping 15 years of operation!) and decided to concentrate on real estate, I was a lost kitten ...Cat faceon where, how and whom to seek refuge with regards to my hair matters from now on?


But since it was also timely with my annual pledge of donation, I took the time to come down at Komachi, the Hair Cult. My ultimate mission: 

To lop my hair off and then donate it afterwards.



Komachi, the Hair Cult is just located just off of Orchard Road,  International Building (2nd level) right smack in front of the Wheelock Place. The salon takes its inspiration from the trendy streets of Tokyo, Japan, quite literally as its staff hail from the Land of the Rising Sun..oh Japan...as I always say, Japan is  Red heart

The space has a total clean and minimalist feel; embarked with a full team of professionals which am sure is quite hard to find in the metro. Comfortable setting is how I'd mainly describe it, away from the odd stares of people passing by, lookin at 'ya as if you're an alien while having your hair roasted under that majestic blower equipment.Alien







Though it's not the first time to dip my toe into the water of having this short cut and highlighted hair, it still feels surreal. Why, you dare ask?




First off, I was officially presented to my hair stylist for the day, named Frank Zuo.

"Creativity is not something based on luck or mood. I draw my inspiration from music and the arts, pushing myself hard to stay at the forefront of fashion. Only then will I be able to deliver the best results for my clients, blending my creativity with their personality and creating for each of them their own “X-Factor” hairstyle.- FZ

As I was a bit early for my appointment I was made comfortable by Angeline whom I wanna call the official translator..y'know those pageant thingamajig? You'll know why in a bit.

She offered the usual stuff, beverages, magazines and the like while I was waitin'.







When I finally met Frank, err.. have you ever heard a chicken & a duck talking to each other?

That's exactly what we resembled.


Frank is only on his baby steps learning English and as you betcha I almost immediately wanted to step out of the door haha!

My heart suddenly felt being pounded by a meat tenderizing mallet.

Who would not be?
You dare trust someone to chop off your locks who cannot even understand a thing from what you were saying?

So that is where Angelina comes in. 
Frankeline was born on the spot!
But thank goodness .. this is not a Miss U pageant.




Let's just say when am brave, there ain't such boundaries for me.
I would stretch into every corner of every possibilities.
But at the same time..c'mown!
I don't wanna be butchered harlo?Punk


There is no way am goin out that door. 
Just thinkin' of that child that I would give a better life to brought me back to my senses and I was that decided on donating my locks.



Don't you just love it when a stylist not only ask what suits your face but also what suits your lifestyle as well? Frankeline listened to what I was wanting, talked how certain cuts would look and the versatility of the cuts they were suggesting.




review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle52review hair makeover komachi salon hairstylereview hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle43review hair makeover komachi salon hairstylereview hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle63review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle

So after a few kicks of deliberation, I told Frank I wanted it short.
When he heard the word short, his eyes glistened...lol so cute!
and then went right to work.




Finally! 
I have sent this chunk to the US (my choice of charity org) after a week & told myself,
 "Tsk.. I shud'v done this a long time ago.."





Snip Snip Snap Snip Snap Snip Snap...

80 review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle



Snip Snip Snap Snip Snap Snip Snap, there you go.

81 review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle




An edgy and sophisticated cut....I think he calls this as  'frank's futuristic bob'.

review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle78review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle

Frank spent a lot of time on my hair, focusing on the details, 101% making sure we were both satisfied with the end result. 






Frankeline told me they are going to do some h-lights and I said go! Vamp it up you guys!







83 review hair makeover komachi salon hairstylereview hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle100review hair makeover komachi salon hairstylereview hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle108review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle


Waiting for the color to set in = this is where the clowning part comes in hur hur



review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle121review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle117 review hair makeover komachi salon hairstylereview hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle119review hair makeover komachi salon hairstylereview hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle111review hair makeover komachi salon hairstylereview hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle124review hair makeover komachi salon hairstylereview hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle107review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle


Oh, wait...


The surreal part haven't come in yet!
Just as I thought my life would change (hair matters of course) with my old stylist being retired and all,  
I was so so so wrong.




To my surprise. . .
 it was. . 
total 
déjà vu!



Goosebumps!

Left pic taken 2009, and as that shot is still very much vivid in my mind, I snapped one -- with the exact same angle. *hmmm, almost right? haha.

Frank gave me the look that infused both dimension and life back to my hair once again.




review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle129review hair makeover komachi salon hairstylereview hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle134review hair makeover komachi salon hairstylereview hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle131review hair makeover komachi salon hairstyle

I swear, I never ever showed any photo nor said a single word to Frank/ Angeline(lady in pink below) on which colour/highlights I wanted and this is what he gave me! 

Oh ! I ♥ this shot.. hahah!



Afterwards , Frank explained the anatomy of the cut! On why this side was longer, why he changed my parting, and told me a couple different ways to style it and make it always poofy as I'd like it to be. Or simply on how to duplicate that "just out of the salon" look.




Overall:

Komachi goes above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied and feel appreciated as a customer. Bottom line, Frank as the International Artistic Director/Stylist aims to please with all his might and is a topnotch stylist. He is great at coming up with ideas for your hair, but also listens to what you want, perfect combination eh? He gained my respect in spite of our communication gap, he is totally unbelievable.




Frank, I'd describe him as someone who has this keen sense of style, meticulous and perfectionist. His friendly demeanor and styling skills will make me look no more further.
Thanks for your talent Frank.

Best service, cut and color I've ever had, by far.






KOMACHI, the Hair Cult
360 Orchard Road 

#02-03/04 International Building 
(next to ANZ Bank) 
Tel#:6339 9432






Do check out Komachi's current promo , ammonia free hair colour until the end of August 2012!


All images are the property of wickeRmoss. Use of these images without any consent is prohibited. The service was provided to the author by the company. Special thanks to Komachi, the Hair Cult| Miss Camy (PPR) & Publicist PR . All opinions and thoughts expressed in this post are her own and remain 100% uninfluenced.



What better way to seal my day?

My Komachi experience is comparable to The Dark Knight Rises,

...a finale that satisfies. 






 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC