REVIEW/FASHION TALK: PEPE JEANS LONDON: The University Eyewear Limited Collection


dare to wear your sunnies at night?:)

A sunglass is a bag staple, agree?:)  While it’s true that sunglasses can complete your outfit or even define your whole look, they also have a more practical purpose: protecting your peepers from the harmful effects of the sun. I have been a regular sunglasses wearer and is really into shades that tickle my fancy. I'm always on a hunt for a pair of shades that is lightweight, durable and affordable but ready to exude some serious attitude.



I did an advertorial last year and this cool pair of PEPE JEANS LONDON Limited Eyewear Collection was graciously given to me.  They asked me to choose a color I like and this is what I got :)

yeaps! no REDs this time, ho ho!




PEPE JEANS LONDON is a famous British brand, known for its trendy and youthful aesthetics, takes Manila by storm and introduced sunglasses especially made for students. PEPE JEANS EYEWEAR launches the first ever limited UNIVERSITY COLLECTION, specially made for the hip Filipino youth. It features the much-loved Wayfarer in 4 different colours. You can choose from Red, Blue, Green or Yellow and match it with your school spirit.








Seeing the label University made me raised my eyebrows and thought of: What if this is suited only for students, college ones in particular? When I opened the case, the Yellow Wayfarer style Eyewear was such a charmer. Just a reminder that I am not in any way connected with UST okay :) It just so happened that I chose yellow for this shades and wanted to compare it with my Rayban's yellow wayfarer as well.

WARNING: PHOTO & POST HEAVY. SCROLL DOWN AT YOUR OWN RISK; YOU'VE BEEN WARNED:)
E & I headed to Victoria Peak..nah, kidding! Just at the SG Flyer!



My 2nd time, E's first:)

i look so Singaporean oweady hor? :p




I was glad that this collection has departed from the traditional ones. If you’re considering buying Wayfarer shades that won’t burn a hole in your pocket, this is dope. 


Sure Wayfarer may always have that classic appeal but at the same time, be careful when it comes to fit. The Pepe Jeans Eyewear (UC) Wayfarer is substantially smaller than the old classic style, as well as being a tad more modern, not dominating the face as the old style does.





I somehow missed wearing yelloe:)

the background looks so Hongkong's Victoria Peak-ish right haha!


my oxfords leaning by the capsule :p


this PEPE Jeans eyewear is so lucky to have reached the SG Flyer's peak, haha.

30 minute ride for SGD30 (approx PHP1000) | DISCLOSURE: SG Flyer ride not in anyway sponsored, thank you.

We waited for Mr. Sun King to set:)




 My take on the PEPE Jeans Eyewear: 




Style
First off, why Wayfarer? C’mon, they never really went completely out of style, they are edgy, fierce and cool at the same time. It’s actually up to the wearer on how you’d make it all work. I mean really! They are absolutely timeless (in style since the 80′s! ) and complimenting to almost every shape face. The Wayfarer Style is perfect for people who don’t like the larger lenses. Personally, I love the larger lenses because I feel like they cover my face much better, and there is no way that the sun is sneaking past my peepers. Wayfarers always have tickled my fancy and aside from it being a killer accessory, it’s practical to carry one in my bag every day. The classic style looks good on just about anyone. 



Design
The design matches its quality with its sleek, simple yet streamlined design. This one’s well made, exhibits a simple workmanship. The logo doesn’t look like crap or not in any way looks like a replica. None of those bling bling, Swarovski accentuates or whatsoever. Just pure minimalist design. The simplicity of its design complements one’s face structure. It even gives the illusion that I have a slimmer face. The thin plastic frame is so friendly that it doesn’t hurt my face and around my ears when worn.








We've discovered an area with a great view of the Marina Bay Sands..it's just at the foreground of the Singapore Flyer!




PEPE JEANS EYEWEAR: University Collection retails at PHP 2,190.00. Exclusively distributed by Branded Lifestyle, Inc. and is available in all SM Dept. Stores, Robinson’s Dept. Stores, Landmark, The Optical Shop, Sarabia Optical, George Optical and all other leading optical shops in Metro Manila.



TANK TOP- MARC JACOBS
PLAID SHORTS- JOHN LITTLE, SG
BELT - GUESS
ANGEL VINTAGE RING-GIFTED
OXFORDS - PAYLESS, MANILA
JACKET - ADIDAS, SG
BLACK TIE - RALPH LAUREN c/o E




Love this shot of E, as if there were UFOs attempting to snatch him from me above:)



just 'coz I like to wear my sunnies at night :)





Enjoying my each-a-cup sour plum drink with my ride Ferrari having his bath at the back, haha! A yellow day it is:)





























 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC