Godiva Café Singapore Slings Exclusive & Luxury Desserts: Think Belgium Waffles & Soft Serve Ice Cream.

godiva cafe singapore food review belgian waffles soft serve ice cream ion orchard





when i was a kid, i always thought love tasted like freshly baked bread & butter pudding, drizzled with decadent vanilla sauce waiting to be sliced with gusto. or that love tasted like waffles. those squares? they're traps. definitelysyrup traps. 







walking inside Godiva Cafe, I instantly felt good. Place was well lit, its surroundings mellow. I looked around me one more time and in spite of the cafe looking a bit barren, it can't be argued that every corner spells an element of surprise besides it's made by the world's finest chocolatier right? 







The cafe still pays tribute to Godiva's Belgian heritage with clean, modern interior. It speaks of elegance and style for consumers to have that luxe taste of their signature chocolates. The interiors highlight a palette of browns, whites and creams but I do love the concept of the vast space at the store front. It gives the customers that feeling of being "free" while browsing their renowned products. You can't miss its exquisite display of gifting options, i. e truffles for $34 per 100 grams, you'd be spoilt for choice. 


But you see here's what actually counts. 
I was here for the 'atas' chocolates.
Or soft-serves.
and uh...waffles.
That certain taste of luxury which Godiva is all about.






The luxe Belgium chocolate brand GODIVA certainly needs no introduction. Its legendary name has become a universal symbol of quality, luxury and the most delicious chocolate since it was founded in 1926.  Being a global leader in premium chocolates, this veteran chain specializes in gourmet Belgian chocolates, truffles, and other sweet gift items. Godiva unhinged its very first cafe doors in Southeast Asia (Singapore) last 2017. 



Belgium Waffle with Godiva Soft Serve 

I was told this cafe serves Singapore exclusive desserts and this is one of their must-try (SGD 14). We ordered their signature vanilla &  chocolate soft serve atop a waffle slab. An unadulterated joy filled my heart seeing how aesthetically pleasing this one is. I'm pretty bummed with its size tho, for its price I expected a larger portion. I think my palm is even bigger than the size of the waffle. That aside, the Godiva choco logo stole the limelight and thank heavens it was edible. Okay, fair enough for me.

Straight off the bat, there is nothing fancy about the waffle. It tasted average but what complemented it was of course, the soft serve. I recommend you take a bite of both - there's totally nothing to lose. That creamy and luscious soft serve lends a comforting timelessness of the Godiva legacy. 





Godiva Soft Serve


I've always adored their soft serve ice cream (SGD 9). Whenever I feel like having an indulgent snack, I'd grab a cone at their Takashimaya kiosk. However it pains me that every time I do a takeaway I have nowhere to sit and enjoy it! I have to walk past shoppers while licking my cone, this type of dessert deserve a classy spot to at least rest my feet right? And yes, that's where the cafe comes to the rescue, gives me space to enjoy a slice of heaven.  

That crunchy chocolate-dipped Belgian Waffle cone... you can also choose to swath it with nuts. The ice cream- velvety smooth, rich, delicious af.  Surely, Godiva is always a darn good splurge. Forget the price tag if you can and savour that sheer luxury. 




You can choose from 3 flavours: Vanilla White,  Dark Chocolate or Twist (mix of both). Service was pretty fast and the staff were friendly too. The only thing I noticed is that my coffee was a tad cold when served and I didn't bother anymore to demand for an exchange since I've got a hankering on the waffles and soft serve dessert, heh



And oh, did you notice I didn't say a word about their coffee? It was actually suggested by a staff with all this percentage mixing of their signature chocolate of course, but it tasted flat.





Dear Godiva Singapore, if you could expand your space please make an outdoor deck cafe.. walls or string of lights from faux chocolate drippings perhaps? It'd  surely be nice to have a whiff of fresh air while reading a book and sipping on that luxe cocoa cup.



godiva Chocolatier cafe 

#B1-05 Ion Orchard, 2 orchard turn singapore 238801



Thanks for looking 




DISCLOSURE: non-sponsored. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED HERE ARE HER OWN HONEST, UNBIASED, NON-SUGARCOATED REVIEWS. ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF WICKERMOSS UNLESS STATED OTHERWISEUSE OF THESE IMAGES WITHOUT ANY CONSENT IS PROHIBITED. 



godiva cafe singapore food review belgian waffles soft serve ice cream ion orchard

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

Pen down what's on your beautiful mind.
Would ♥ to hear from you!

I do reply to every comment so feel free to visit back.
cheers,
wickeRmossツ

 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC