REVIEW: m’pir the nail bar


Review: m'pir the nail bar 


Salon. The quickest way to diffuse stress, agree?




So I tried to have my nails be pampered at least somehow at this so-called m'pir the nail bar.


It was partly hidden - I meant, unnoticeable at TANGS, Orchard. You see, TANGS is just a stone's throw away from where I live- I drag my pesky feet to grab a bagel or croissant at Tiong Bahru Bakery or score a piece of doughnut at the basement (which does not happen often as Krispy Kreme is so damn fattening hehe!) 

So the very last thing I usually do when I dip my feet into CK TANGS is well - do my nails #donotjudge  . I don't know about you but I do not shop then find time to do my nails afterwards. Whenever I want my nails be done, I do not shop afterwards either- i know, i know am a confusing rat. Anyway, here's my thoughts about m'pir.


Pronounced as em'pire, the nail salon is located at the 2nd level of TANGS, Orchard. 



There were about 3 (or was it 4?) cubicles; loved the couches! A pretty straightforward salon, no steampunk decor of all sort; you know how some salons put up those kaleidoscopic work of art that doesn't make any connection with the establishment's theme in the first place? I also noticed that the environment is a bit sulky. Here is a glimpse of their price list:





I chose the MORGAN TAYLOR brand and went for some glitter shades. 



PLUS 
The service I got was classic manicure ($33 excl of GST) , I did not expect anything more. You know me, am the Miss Classic Color; basic chick? Yes. 


  • Decent nail polish application; staff works fast.
  • Clean surroundings and stuff are really organized.
  • Perhaps the one thing I loved about the experience was that they never pressured me when I was choosing the colors I want for my nail beds. 
  • The staff even would comment if the combination I wanted weren't a good choice at all. Also, type of nail polishes were explained to me but I can't be bothered to really pay attention to them that time, oops



HICCUP
  • They were a bit frigid they forgot to ask if I was even comfortable, if I was thirsty or if I want to read a magazine while waiting  - or if the color is well-applied.
  • Limited nail polish selection. 
  • Couches look quirky cool but does not offer actual comfort.
  • Again, too hidden in my opinion. 
m'pir the nail bar
310 Orchard Road, TANGS, Level 2, 238864 
6732.9001





Thanks for looking





DISCLAIMER: Products/Services were paid for on her own by the author.All opinions and thoughts expressed in this post are her own and remain 100% uninfluenced.All images are the property of wickeRmoss. Use of these images without any consent is prohibited. 



Review: m'pir the nail bar 





 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC