LOOK OF THE DAY: PINK PROPAGANDA by Shisiedo.



I won't be bashing the color pink in this post, promise!

As some parents tend to be the Barbie-morphing individuals as always, boy was I satisfied that liking pink was never a requirement while I was growing up.

Funny thing is , with my being adamant on my hatred for pink I find my closet cradling a decent amount of pink clothing…especially considering I will swear up and down that I do not like the color.

Daaaang. There, am starting again.

I made a major spring cleaning a few weeks ago, thus doting this 5-day old viral flu/fever whateverbullyouwannacallit   in my 'Wolverine' Immune System haha.

I separated the pink stuff of course and somehow made me go back to the basics. Basics? Meaning, before  Becca & Burberry invaded my vanity stash, there is one Japanese label I do love, Shiseido!

And my abandoned Shiseido makeups 'thanked' me as they have been once again put to life. Major stars include my fav Hydro Powder Eyeshadows, the Sheer Matifying Powder(my HG matte powder foundation!) & the Shimmering Rouge Lipstick from their S/S2012 Collection.

Hydro-powder eyeshadows are love! They are effortless to blend, has that beautiful texture and does not crease on me. Here's the look I made with my blue & pink hydro-powder shadows from Shiseido.

    1. Prime your eye area with a primer or a foundation. I used Shiseido Sheer Mattifying Compact Powder (Natural Light Ivory) then dab a bit of ESSENCE I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base. The powder allows the Hydro-powder eyeshadow to sit & stay..for real. I'm not sure if this only works for Shiseido products, but this is one tandem I have come to love forever! (even without any primer).
    2. Take an aqua blue eye shadow, in my case the Shiseido Hydro-powder Aqua Shimmer, (or any blue cream shadow of your choice) apply it to the lids using your ring finger. Pat slightly up (just above the crease), then blend using (Sigma E40) or your preferred blending brush. Move the brush in a windshield wiper motion to get the color smooth and evened out. You may add more, so just be generous with your blue haha!
    3. Now take a pink eye shadow (Shiseido Hydro-powder Bare Pink) and apply it to the gap of the blue eye shadow and your brow bone. Apply it lightly and blend it in until it reaches an ultimate faint shadow. See just how my eyes do not reflect the pink shadow at all, one can't hardly tell I wore pink shadow here. Remember, we'd like to concentrate on the blue here and ain't the pink.
      4. Take a black liquid eye liner (ESSENCE Waterproof Black Liquidliner) and line the top lid. I chose a thin winged eyeliner for this look, just to give that illusion that I have extra long eyelashes.
      5. For the bottom lid, I used the same aqua shimmer shadow and line the water line. Take that same color and draw a line in the lash line of the bottom lid. Once again, start from the inner corner and draw all the way to the outer.
      6. Coat the top lashes with mascara (Shiseido Perfect Mascara Full Definition BK901), do not leave the bottom lashes bare.
      7. For the cheeks, 1 full sweep of blush is needed, no contouring needed either. I used Deep throat by Nars.
      8. Lips? Be bold! I was shopping in Orchard Road and a woman in her 40's even asked me what's this shade I was wearing? Even said, I was daring enough to pair my eyes with a bright & plumped lips in which she thought would not be nice for a daytime look. Geewhiz, the Venus shade makes me feel like the Goddess Venus haha! People were like staring at me with this bold shade like crazy!
    Products Used:
    FACE
    Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer
    Shiseido Sheer Matifying Compact Powder (Natural Light Ivory)

    EYES:
    Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer(02)
    ESSENCE I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base
    Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eyeshadow (Aqua Shimmer)
    Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eyeshadow (Bare Pink) 
    Shu Uemura Eyebrow Pencil (Walnut Brown)
    Shiseido Perfect Mascara Full Definition (BK901)
    ESSENCE  Waterproof Black Liquidliner


    CHEEKS:
    NARS Deep Throat
    e.l.f Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Luminance (H-light)

    LIPS:
    Shiseido Shimmering Rouge RS619 Venus

    HAIR:
    James Cooper Milk Leave-In Hair Treatment



    After a full day stretch and the shadows are still intact. I don't end up with all colour in my eye socket unlike some other products and the lipstick still left a stain on my lips after several cups of coffee & binning a few cigarette butts over a never ending chat gossip session with friends.

     
    PINK PROPAGANDA


    The one who finds it ridiculous that girls sections of toy stores are filled with Barbie Dolls, dressed in pink, boxed in pink. Whilst the boys section is full of action heroes and Lego sets, she wished that just one Barbie Doll would come dressed up in Navy & Marine Corps Uniform.



    You see,



    PINK has always been a DAGGER inside her crayonbox.




     

    HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

    HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
    www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

    ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

    ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
    www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

    A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

    A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
    www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

    FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

    ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

    TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

    Blog Archive

    ♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

    ♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
    For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

    Translate

    BLOG TRAFFIC