REVIEW: SK-II. Holy Grail Skincare Haul.


I recalled being asked by Liz aka ProjectVanity once on what products I usually use when I met her the first time in Manila. I just replied: "Hmmn, drugstore, Loreal; if more on the upper, it's Estee and SK-II". She asked what is SK-II and I told her it's one of those high-end brands originating from Japan & they can be easily purchased in Singapore. When people asks me regarding skincare, I swear by this brand. Well, I haven't tried all of 'em but can say I have been using their signature products since I resided in Singapore.



When I was in college, I had the chance to talk and actually see celebrity Gretchen Barretto's bare naked face, up close- just like a meter away:) She approached me inside this 5-star hotel in Ortigas and yes, I got drowned on how flawless and radiant her skin was. 



That face was her actual ticket to the top and it was then that I've heard she uses SK-II at that time. That may be a hearsay whatsoever , actually I dun care but with my further research on the brand, I knew then that SK-II is credible. From then on I told myself , one  fine day I'll  switch. 


When I use to walk the alley of cosmetic counters, that reddish burgundy coloured packaging & label of SK-II connotes that they are just meant for mature ladies or aunties to some. With all those steep shocker price tags, am sure only those who carry Roberto Cavalli or YSL bags can parade this with at the cashier counters, swiping in their American Express credit cards and all.

SK-II SKINCARE PRODUCTS:
FACIAL TREATMENT ESSENCE S$142.80 (approx $114/PHP4,800)
WHITENING INTENSIVE SOURCE MASK S$128 (approx $102/PHP4,300)
SIGNS EYE MASK S$108 (approx $86/PHP3,650)




Price point has put me off at first, but since SK-II get repeatedly good reviews, I’ve always wondered if my skin would like it. I'm just glad I am the type who thinks outside the box. Do you really think that a tinted lip balm might not be pigmented just 'coz it's labelled as a balm? They say prevention is better than a cure, so there.. I've incorporated SK-II in my skin care routine since I lived here. From then, it has become a staple in my stash.





I particularly love the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence and as such they call this as the "Miracle Water". I pair it with the SK-II Skin Signature Cream and on weekdays, I use the SK-II Whitening Source Intensive Mask. The SK-II Signs Eye Mask is also one of my favourites.



I may post an in-depth review for each of them, as they DO work for me and they deserve some sit-down reviewin'...Should I still reiterate how good Japanese products are as well?:) 




I always feel "robbed" whenever I refill my SK-II stash..but yeah,  I consider the price worth the indulgence. It's too obvious that this is my holy grail, though it makes my wallet wail with pain!



What's your holy grail ladies?:)

 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC