HAIR AFFAIR: Haircare Essentials Under $20. Shiseido, Clairol, Innisfree, etc.

Haircare Essentials Under $20



Are you picky with shampoos, hair treatment and the whatnot? With all the products cluttering the shelves, how do you actually choose? Sharing the haircare products/essentials I have tried this 2014 and which also fit the budget; since they are all under SGD20. Shoot me with a comment below if am wrong alrite? I'm pretty sure I bought all of these under 20 bucks each, unfortunately I do not recall anymore from which store I got the Tsubaki. 

One thing common here (no, not the red packaging hehe!) is the camellia oil;  camellia oil is best when obtained by cold pressing seeds of the Camellia japonica flower (called Tsubaki in Japanese) without any chemical or heat refining. With its golden color and creamy texture, Japanese Camellia oil has been responsible for the classic, legendary beauty of Japanese hair for centuries. 

In Japan, Camellia oil is commonly used as a leave-in, best when applied to damp hair such as after showering. How much to apply is a matter of personal preference. A little goes a long way, though you can apply as much as you like. Geishas and maikos apply a lot, for the distinct Japanese traditional glossy hair look they prefer.



Shiseido Tsubaki Shining Treatment with Natural Tsubaki Oil
I've used this as I would use a normal/daily conditioner. Thing is, I do not let it stay for long (as opposed to what the packaging says, 20 minutes or so...). But then, the result was average. Hair behaves lightly but do not expect it to last the whole day. But you see, I have tried once to let it be absorbed by my hair (30 mins ...coz I love to stay in the shower), and results were much better as it is not heavy on my hair at all; pleasant smelling too. There were also times that I find this hard to rinse off, but no big deal. 


Innisfree Camellia Essence Shampoo. 
In love with the smell of this one! My hair and scalp really feel so tingly clean, refreshed and comfortable after every wash and the scent sticks to my mane for long. I also noticed my hair is tangle free with this, yay! Plus, it's easypeasy to rinse off. Any Innisfree outlet would carry this bottle, their haircare range is really worth trying out. 


Clairol Herbal Essences Hair Mask - Long-term Relationship. 
This red tub will always be my fave. My hair is sh*tstraight whenever I use this. This is for repairing split-ends and breakage, altho I do not have both, it makes my hair really straight/sleek. Plus it's feathery light...add up the uber nice smell. Cannot recall how many tubs I have used up. I always get mine from Robinsons Dept. Store and am pretty sure Watsons/Guardian also sell this one.  

I am sure I will be bored again and venture into more haircare products this year; whewps, except for the Clairol one hehe! Any recos? 





Thanks for reading

Haircare Essentials Under $20






 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC