REVIEW: SELSUN Blue Anti-Dandruff Shampoo.

 Selsun Blue Shampoo 




Dandruff. A word that is usually mistaken that only men could have. Truth is, a lot of women suffer from these dreadful flakes. Hmm, social embarassment maybe? If forsaken or ignored, this can lead to even infections and even hair loss in the future!I would say I have normal scalp, not oily neither dry so when I was asked to try this anti-dandruff shampoo, what I had in mind is to let my man try it. Thing is, E was never been a dandruff sufferer himself. So he helped me and asked one of his colleagues to try this and see how it works.

But hey, hey! I tried the Selsun Blue Shampoo  myself ! 

Once..LOL. I have never tried any dandruff shampoo ..ahuh not even one. Besides when I put mousse on my hair, my scalp gets too itchy afterwards. Hehe, excuses. Unfortunately it dried my hair after use and I find that the smell was too strong for me to handle. I also felt the heavy build up, sigh. 





What it Claims
Selsun blue shampoo is specially formulated to control the scaling, flaking and itching of the scalp associated with dandruff.


Selsun blue formulated with Selenium Sulfide 1% not only attacks the root source of the dandruff, but laboratory tests have also shown that Selenium Sulfide is one of the most effective ingredient to treat dandruff and control recurrence.




Selsun Anti-Dandruff Shampoo which contains Selenium Sulfide demonstrates superior effectiveness compared to other anti-dandruff shampoos. 





The Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Prescribed by Doctors. 99% of Users Claim Effective*!



Main Ingredients:

Selenium Sulfide 1%

Also contains other ingredients such as Water, Ammonium, Lauryl Sulfate, Laureth Sulfate etc. 
Direction: Shake well before use. 
Remove any jewelries before use as Selenium Sulfide may damage jewelries.
Wet hair thoroughly, shampoo, then rinse thoroughly. For best results, use at least 2 times a week.






One of the reasons why I tried this is that it's another product from Mentholatum. One of the best drugstore lip balms I have encountered originated from the same company. Mentholatum is brandworthy! 

Nice packaging eh? Blue with a slight touch of purple. The shampoo itself? It's thick and looks like.......Thousand Island Dressing :)











I asked E's colleague on his thoughts about the shampoo and hope it would somehow help those who have been having issues with dandruff :)



"It did not entirely get rid of my flakes however I noticed that my scalp feels rehydrated after each use. There was an improvement with my scalp itchiness too and it does not sting or burn my scalp.  I don't scratch my scalp vigorously anymore. I just hoped it smelled like peppermint or something yummy..that would be nice and then I can use this even up to 3x a day! For now I only use it in the morning before going to work, and at night I do not shampoo my hair. I just wash it off with water.  And oh..is it me or my hair is just getting a bit thicker? I don't want to go bald eh? LOL. "





Available in Guardian, Watsons, National Skin Centre, Singapore General Hospital, Changi General Hospital, pharmacies and supermarkets at the price of SGD$12.90/200 ml. 




All images are the property of wickeRmoss. Use of these images without any consent is prohibited. Products sent to the author for review consideration. All opinions and thoughts expressed in this post are her own and remain 100% uninfluenced. 





 

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]

HAIR STUDIO FLAMINGO SINGAPORE [HAIR SPONSOR]
www.hairstudioflamingo.com (+65) 8726 2116

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]

ATLAS MEDISPA [FACIAL SPONSOR]
www.atlasmedispa.com (+65) 6735 0996

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]

A BETTER FLORIST SINGAPORE [FLOWER DELIVERY]
www.abetterflorist.com (+65) 3163 1525

FEET HAVEN [SPA | MASSAGE | REFLEXOLOGY]

ORCHARD OPTICS SINGAPORE [EYEWEAR | SUNGLASSES]

TRENDING POSTS ON THIS BLOG

Blog Archive

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥

♥ ℋℯℓℓo from WICKERMOSS ♥
For business enquiries & collaborations, please email me at : wickermoss888@gmail.com

Translate

BLOG TRAFFIC