What do you think of palettes that are inspired by and named after our favourite desserts? Well, for companies to do that they oughtta give justice to the dessert names of their choice isn't it? Hmn, in that case think I can consider this product who actually passed my palate's decadent standards, haha.
Wanna see if this palette is as yummy as this?☺
DISCLAIMER: This Is Not A Sponsored Post. Thank you.
✿ CLINIQUE Color Surge Duo: Strawberry Fudge
WHAT IT CLAIMS:
Creamy, intense colour in one stroke. Surprisingly lightweight. Ophthalmologist tested for even the most sensitive eyes. Blendable duos bring day/dusk/evening drama. The end of the quiet eye.
My take on this shade:Strawberry Fudge
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE PRODUCT
- portable with a classy packaging (mirrored case / 2 eyeshadows with a brush & mirror)
- has a rich color & it glides on smoothly
- good stayability - as it holds well even w/o a primer
- shadow is not powdery, rather has a creamy texture
- safe for contact lens wearers & safe for sensitive eyes
WHAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT THE PRODUCT
- i won't say it's highly pigmented ; but again I'd say, it's naturally rich
- might be expensive to some- SGD29 (approx USD22/PHP999)
This is your absolute go-to palette. The pink is but a really tinted shimmer (goldish) shade which is also suitable as a highlighter. The sparkle is just right and not too over the top. I think that the pink enhances the gorgeous brown (bronze) base in which Clinique calls a "blushing brown". The brown looked darker in the palette but is wearable when applied. I really loved the permanence of both shades on my eyes, doesn't crease on me too, yay!
I use my own shadow brush which gives it a softer effect instead of the sponge in the included applicator. When I use the sponge, the eyeshadow seems to be cakey, but the bristled brush works surprisingly!
It's really hard to find an eyeshadow that is both subtle and rich. But this duo is. I didn't expect it will be that blendable ha. Think this has a good value attached to it and it can be your best bud when travelling. It's small but worth the moolah☺ And oh! I'm gonna bet a dime that these colours are so perfect for summer!
See how gorgeous the pink shade is?☺
✿ TIPS & TRICKS
- I have tried blending this with Urban Decay shadows & it seemed as if there's a fissure between them. They just refuse to go on well with each other. Anybody knows why, holla me